Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wichita 101

If you follow me on instagram you might know we took a little vacation in Kansas at the end of April. Whenever our Jersey friends asked us what we were doing over spring break and I told them our plans, they looked puzzled with a not-so-subtle expression that I could easily read- why of all places, would you visit Kansas? 
I hail from the sunflower state, and since it was my first home, it will always be a special place where everything was simple and familiar. To my delight, the kids love Wichita too, and their visits there have been as magical as mine were after we moved away when I was nine. Just like when I was a kid, they loved spending time with cousins & aunts & uncles, checking out the zoo, and eating at Ah-so.
But mostly visiting with their Ma.
And just for fun, here is a little gem from my early days. I had big plan: "When I grow up I will paint pictures and be an artist." Anyone else have any childhood dreams with adulthood predictions?

1 comment:

Just Ma said...

Thanks for blogging about your visit, our family, your dreams, and magical "trip" experiences. I feel so blessed to be a part of your life. When someone asked me if I planned to do something special this summer--I told them already did it--It was so great to have all of your family plus Nannie Bug here for a visit. Thanks for making my summer be special.
Love, Ma