Friday, October 26, 2012

And then...

Of course this is a little late, but I just wanted to do a little follow up from project run + play.
While it was a little sad to be voted off, being part of the contest was worth every minute I spent sewing to stay in it.  After I started a very taxing full time job last year the things I loved doing were kind of put on the back burner, and sewing definitely dropped off of my to-do list. I probably turned my machine on four times over the summer. Project run + play made me work through a list of designs and ideas I have been wanting to find time to put together for months. It gave me a spark- it was invigorating to be pushed creatively, and I feel like no other outlet would have motivated me the same way. And sewing along with the other talented ladies in the contest was an honor, and I really enjoyed that opportunity. And to have such amazing friends and family who voted for me, and to meet such sweet people and to read all of the lovely comments and messages- that was really special to me, and I appreciate it all so, so much.

Last night I had to make a last minute Halloween costume. When I put it together I felt completely confident- it was a reawakened feeling that had been missing for some time. I am glad it's back.

3 comments:

Just Ma said...

Having visited w/you throughout the contest made me so very proud to be your Ma. Such a wonderful labor of love to share. The benefits of seeing your creative talents along w/seeing my darling great grandchildren filled me w/excitement to follow each fashion forward design you brought forth. Great Halloween design. Great model. Thanks LJ for being you. Love, Ma

Just Ma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

You did a beautiful job for PR&P. loved all your designs, but the ballet dress was my fave! Glad you got your mojo back- you are too good!!!