Monday, March 5, 2012

Peach Tea Dress

This dress was a "just because" project I have been longing to work on. I had no real reason to make it, other than just wanting a lacey-peach dress.
I am enjoying it- the lace cap sleeves add a sweet touch to the relaxed cut.
The material, a muted peach color which I have been craving to wear, was found in the Joann's red tag section.
I rejoined the working force in November and have been treating any sewing session I can sneak in like a precious gift. I was happy to use some of that time to make something so fun ......yet slightly impractical.

7 comments:

kristin said...

Oh, it's BEAUTIFUL! I love the silhouette on you and I'm kind of obsessed with lace lately too. Good luck finding your rhythm (my secret is early bedtimes for the kids, late nights for me, and a mean coffee addiction). :)

Mandi Stephanie said...

so pretty! love that last photo :)

Erin said...

love it! so sweet on you. :)

Just Ma said...

WOW--the lace adds such a great touch and the color is beautiful. Thanks for sharing another sewing project.
Love, Ma

CBlogger said...

great pics! beautiful! <3

liza jane said...

I am in love with that peachy color right now. I would pair it with something minty green. Beautiful dress! The lace yoke is a nice touch.

Robert said...

The material, a muted peach color which I have been craving to wear, was found in the Joann's red tag section. Mini bridesmaid dresses