Monday, August 29, 2011

Blue Period

I will admit that I have never been huge on wearing the color blue, but for some reason I keep making things that would lead someone to believe otherwise.
This dress was started on a whim- I just finished a long term quilting project and wanted to make something simple that could be worn for dressing up or down. I kind of had two muses in mind: Jane Krakowski from 30 Rock meets Kate Middleton chic.
I kind of love it- I made it with a stiffer jacquard shirting from Fabric.com that turned out to be surprisingly nice for costing just $1.95/yard. I kept the sleeves and bodice a little wide with a little darting and elastic cinching at the waist, but tried to make the skirt loose without being full.
Dress: made- $3/ Woven Belt: thrifted- $1/ Purse: thrifted- $2/ Wedges: Target- $24.99

5 comments:

Just Ma said...

Sweet---love that color of blue on you. Who was your photographer? Ms. P. or Mr. D.?
Love, Ma

Unknown said...

Love the Dress!!! Great color and the style is so fun!!! I'm inspired!! Thank you

Anonymous said...

cute linds! you just need to retake that picture, but with danny dressed in a navy suit ;) i misssss you guys! february!

jess

Erin said...

This is just adorable. I am also one who tends to not wear a lot of blue, but this is such a striking color- good work!

lathelize said...

It's a very nice dress. Fitinng you perfectly!
I enjoyed reading your blog : thank you!