Friday, May 13, 2011

Slow Sewing

I have been lingering on the same project a little longer than necessary. Last week I received boxes of old treasures from my childhood spent growing up in Wichita, Kansas.
It has been both nostalgic and melancholy, and it has been a little tempting to put all other matters on the back burner. But, at one point I did have full intentions of producing fun outfits for myself and the kids since there have been some really motivating sew alongs happening at Made by Rae and Elsie Marley.
And this was the first to be finished. Phia let me know that she mostly needed dresses, and wanted at least one that was pink. Everything after that was my choice, so I turned out this little number.
It is loosely based off a dress from Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross. I just added seam pockets and some detail lace on the bodice. Pink dress, done.

3 comments:

Just Ma said...

What sweet girls---all of you! Loved all of the pics and hope more are featured of Ms Phia (AKA Mini Lili). Cute dress---the girl looks "Pretty in Pink."
Thanks for sharing.
Love, Ma

susantrower said...

Totally adorable!

Anonymous said...

oh wow :) that is super great. phia looks exactly like you when you were little! that's really awesome, lils. je t'aime!

jlau