Friday, November 6, 2009

beeting myself up

it is always nice to know that when i am feeling my lowest, and when my being needs to be uplifted, i can always count on the sound advice given to me by the three women who best understand me: my grandmother, my mother, and my sister. sometimes during sad and trying moments, one needs to be reminded of all the beautiful things that make up life.
when feeling emotionally recharged, what could be better than eating something wholesome and delicious like fresh beet salad made with granny smith apples, jicama and dill, and dressed with olive oil, sherry vinegar and celery seed. i love making this healthy salad for halloween as it is chock full of antioxidants that, in my mind, off set any candy consumption. even for children the combination of sweet and savory is hard to resist, and the pink hue is especially intriguing.

2 comments:

Just Ma said...

Know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. The best way to "beet" yourself up is with that delicious looking salad. Have the ingredients, now how about the amounts and prep for the salad?
Lova ya girl,
Ma

Dawn said...

This sounds so yummy! This past weekend was the Apple Festival in New Hope. I was going to email you and invite you guys up if the circumstances were different :(
Hey do you have any good recipes for a light vinegarettes for salads?