Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thrill of the Hunt

Earlier this month I had the chance to sneak away and hit the Brookyln Flea with my sister. I ended up leaving empty handed as many of the lovely vintage pieces were out of my budget- but it was a great way to see some autumn trends.
Since then I have been on the lookout for similar items, and today I scored big at a city-wide garage sale in Metuchen. It was a breezy early afternoon spent searching for vintage treasures. I packed a little picnic that we enjoyed in a nearby park, and luckily we found some cheap toys for the kids to enjoy early on so I could focus more attention on browsing the goods. 
The great thing about hitting local garage sales, smaller flea markets, and loaded estate sales is that the prices are much more reasonable- the above items set me back $7.

No comments: