Friday, September 21, 2012

Stella Style

Let me start with a thanks for all the votes and sweet comments from the last round! Very excited to take part in the icon challenge, especially because I picked Stella McCartney as my inspiration.
I love Stella Mccartney's style and designs- she melds modern and vintage so perfectly with clean lines and sweet details. I swoon over anything she has a hand in, and love the way she incorporates classic pieces and makes them hip.
The band jacket was a must for me, and with lace details and gold buttons it has a hint of femininity. The "maestro" style top was a labor of love with all the pleats on the bodice, and the capris are perfectly tailored to accentuate the shape of the tops. From the trimmed cuffs to the pleats in the pant leg, little details really gave this look the Stella touch. 

I was pretty excited as this look came together as I had envisioned- especially once I pulled the painters tape off of the freshly spray painted rainboots!
So now is the time where you can head over to Project Run + Play and vote on a favorite look- check it out and let me know who inspires you!

26 comments:

Stacy said...

Great job! I love that band jacket. I recreated one of SM's dresses last year for my little girl, too. She has a great sense of style.

Tanja @ beauty4ashes said...

This ensamble looks awesome! Now, if only i knew where to vote, i would! For you!

Emily said...

Beautiful outfit! I would love to add that shirt and capris to my wardrobe. :)

Sophie said...

oh wow! this might just very well be the best project of all seasons! i'd love to see a tutorial on the ribbon details some time in the future...or wait you'll probably be forced to create a tutorial next week!

meg said...

I'm with Sophie! all time best! but I want to know about the shirt with the pleated placket. Did you make it? Did you use a pattern? Make one up?

Chelise said...

I love that band jacket and each piece of your look! What I especially love is the shades of pink/peach you chose. So perfect!

Delia said...

Seriously this could be in a magazine. beautifully done Lindsay!

Delia said...

Seriously this could be in a magazine. beautifully done Lindsay!

Delia said...

Seriously this could be in a magazine. beautifully done Lindsay!

christina said...

i love the colors you chose! great job and she is just adorable!

Just Ma said...

Great style, colors, details, and the model is superb. What fun! So proud of you.

Unknown said...

I love this!!! You were totally one of my votes this week!!!!!

Abbie said...

Lindsay, this is too cute, great job dude !

Justine of SewCountryChick said...

Love the band jacket. It reminds me of Gwen Stefani!

Welcome to the Mouse House said...

I want that band jacket in MY size!

...and theTruth be Told.... said...

@meg That pleated placket took forever! Glad you noticed it. The top was just sized off of a button down from my son- kind of winged it.

kristin said...

Seriously in love with this whole look, girl. You rocked it. Totally and utterly fantastic!!!

meg said...

you winged that!! damn you!

Erin said...

Lindsay, this is just perfect. You have such a strong point of view- design some patterns- i'll buy 'em all!

Jessica said...

I can't get over this look. I want it all for my Elsie. In fact, I'm probably just going to copy you exactly when I make her fall coat. K? thanks. BRAVO LINDSAY!

Amber said...

This is fantastic. Really well done. So modern and fresh.
Love. Love. Love
Amber
www.veryhomemade.blogspot.com

Laura said...

The whole outfit is amazing. I love band jackets, you chose a great colour and all the details are gorgeous. It'd be fantatic if you did a tutorial. I have a couple of items from the SM for Gap range that I got a couple of years ago for my oldest son when he was 2. One of them is a military style navy wool jacket, even in the sale it was expensive but I couldn't resist. My youngest son is nearly big enough to wear them both now, can't wait to see him in them.

lili ash said...

Totally used my husband's school-assignment-blog to post a reply- oops. But there was some major winging involved but just might post a tutorial when PR+P is over!

Rae said...

This is ABSOLUTELY DARLING!!

perfect job, girl!

Rae said...

This is ABSOLUTELY DARLING!!

perfect job, girl!

Stephen said...

B e a utifull stuff they look great and the blog also